- Columbia University
- Tulane University
- Boise State University
- Boston University
- Indiana University
- Louisiana State University
- Morgan State University
- Ohio State University
- Rutgers University
- Texas State University, San Marcos
- The Catholic University of America
- University at Buffalo (SUNY)
- University of Alaska – Anchorage
- University of Central Florida
- University of Louisville
- University of New Hampshire
- University of North Dakota
- University of Tennessee at Knoxville
- University of South Florida
- Western New Mexico University
- Widener University
- Adelphi University
- California State University – Northridge
- Campbellsville University
- Capella University
- Delaware State University
- George Mason University
- Humboldt State University
- Metropolitan State University of Denver
- New Mexico State University
- Ohio University
- Our Lady of the Lake University
- Portland State University
- San Jose State University
- Temple University
- University of Arkansas
- University of Kentucky
- University of Missouri
- University of Nevada, Reno
- University of New England
- University of Northern Iowa
- University of Utah
- West Virginia University
- Yeshiva University
- California State University – San Bernardino
- University of Iowa
- University of Texas – Rio Grande Valley
- Western Kentucky University
Online MSW Programs with No GRE Required
These online programs do not require the GRE.
Earn a Master of Social Work Online From Baylor
Complete the Master of Social Work online program at Baylor University in as few as 12 months. Serve populations in Texas and around the world while ethically integrating faith and social work practice. No GRE required.
- Address injustice from a strengths-based perspective
- Ethically integrates faith and social work practice
- Serve as a trusted resource for clients, no matter their personal background
- Complete the MSW online program in as few as 12 months
Earn Your Master’s in Social Work Online at CWRU
In as few as a year and a half, you can prepare for social work leadership by earning your Master of Social Work online from Case Western Reserve University’s school of social work.
- No GRE requirement
- Complete in as few as one and a half years
Earn Your MSW Online from Fordham University
Fordham’s skills-based, online MSW program integrates advanced relevant social work competencies, preparing students to serve individuals and communities while moving the profession forward. This program includes advanced standing and traditional MSW options.
- Traditional and advanced standing online MSW options are available.
- There are four areas of focus: Individuals and Families, Organizations and Community, Evaluation, and Policy Practice and Advocacy.
- Pursue the degree on a full-time or part-time track.
Earn your Master of Social Work online from the University of Denver.
The University of Denver’s Online MSW Program is delivered by its top-ranked school of social work and offers two programs: Online MSW and Online Advanced-Standing MSW. Students with a BSW can earn an MSW online in as few as 12 months; students without a BSW can earn an MSW in as few as 27 months.
- Complete the Online Advanced-Standing MSW in as few as 12 months if you have a BSW; if you do not have a BSW, the Online MSW Program may be completed in as few as 27 months.
- No GRE Required
- Customizable pathway options include Mental Health and Trauma or Health, Equity and Wellness concentrations
Earn Your Master of Social Work From Simmons
Aspiring direct practitioners can earn their MSW online from Simmons University in as few as 9 months. GRE scores are not required, and the program offers full-time, part-time, accelerated, and advanced standing tracks.
- Prepares students to pursue licensure, including LCSW
- Full-time, part-time, and accelerated tracks
- Minimum completion time: 9 months
Earn your Master of Social Work Online from USC
The MSW@USC is the online Master of Social Work from top-ranked USC Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work. The Advanced Standing track can be completed in as little as 1 year. USC offers virtual and in-person field education, and students focus on adults, youth or social change.
Minimum completion time: 12 months with a BSW
Online classes taught by USC faculty
Virtual field training to build skills and confidence
Other online programs that do not require the GRE: