Interview with Professor Carol Schneweis – Assistant Professor and MSW Distance Coordinator at the University of North Dakota
- Students like attending class live. They value the time with one another and value the professor’s contributions.
- Our faculty bring field experience to the classroom, learning is enriched with real examples of social work.
- Students value the campus visits and repeatedly assure us they are worth the time and money! They have recommended that we never stop including that component in the learning.
- The degree is affordable, online courses are offered at in-state tuition rates. Even with added access fees for the technology, the program remains affordable.
- Faculty are invested in the success of students.
- The program has a high retention and graduation rate. Student rarely just quit. When students do leave, it is typically because “life got in the way”.
- Our distance students bring a wealth of work experience and diversity to the classroom, students learn from one another.