Managing Addiction Recovery in Isolation
What Challenges Does Isolation Create for People in Recovery?
- Modeling poor eating or sleeping habits
- Declining hygiene
- Talking to past friends who still use
- Constant lying
- Bottling up emotion
- Skipping or avoiding virtual support meetings
- Withdrawing from positive friends
How Can People in Recovery Maintain Critical Support?
How Can Loved Ones and Professionals Support People in Recovery?
What Resources Exist for People Dealing With Addiction and Recovery During the Pandemic?
- AAOnlineMeeting: virtual meeting opportunity for those experiencing or in recovery from alcohol addictions.
- Virtual NA: resource that provides a meeting search for both online and phone meetings of Narcotics Anonymous.
- In the Rooms: free online recovery tool offering multiple recovery online meetings that include 12-step recovery as well as wellness and mental health.
- Unity Recovery: free digital recovery meetings and support groups held daily through a joint effort of multiple recovery organizations based around the country.
- Young People in Recovery: schedule of virtual recovery-focused events via Zoom or Google Hangouts.
- SMART Recovery: online forum for those in recovery and family and friends of addicts that provides daily check-ins and peer support groups.
- Recovery Dharma Online: virtual meeting group for those struggling with addiction, with Buddhist practice in mind.
- Refuge Recovery: online recovery community that uses Buddhist-inspired practices to help overcome addiction.
- LifeRing Secular Recovery: online sober community where people share practical experiences on sobriety support.
- Sober Grid: This social networking app lets you create profiles to interact with other people in recovery and support and encourage one another. It allows for anonymous check-ins about the state of your sobriety and your mood.
- SoberTool: This is a tool to help track your sober days and provides daily motivational messages.
- WeConnect: This app provides daily reminders to help you stay on track with recovery. You can create reminders to call your sponsor, attend a virtual meeting or meditate.
- 12 Step AA, NA Daily Meditation: This app provides guided meditations, soothing music, prayers and 12-step recovery audio.
- I Am Sober: This app tracks sober days and sober milestones. It motivates you to build new habits and receive encouragement from the recovery community.