Forensic Social Work (Criminal Justice): A Guide
What is Forensic Social Work?
Job Description at a Glance
Sponsored Online Master of Social Work Program
Simmons School of Social Work (SSW)
Master of Social Work (MSW)
Aspiring direct practitioners can earn their MSW online from Simmons University in as few as 9 months. GRE scores are not required, and the program offers full-time, part-time, accelerated, and advanced standing tracks.
- Prepares students to pursue licensure, including LCSW
- Full-time, part-time, and accelerated tracks
- Minimum completion time: 9 months
How to Become a Forensic Social Worker
- Completing a bachelor’s in social work or a related field.
- Pursuing an MSW with relevant coursework.
- Seeking an internship in a criminal justice or legal setting and completing fieldwork requirements.
- Passing licensing exams and applying for a license to practice in a specific state.