Arizona State University (ASU) Online MSW Program
Arizona State University’s (ASU) School of Social Work offers an entirely online MSW program with a concentration in Advanced Generalist studies. The program, which currently only offers a traditional standing track, requires the completion of 60 credits and 960 hours of field practicum. Students can complete the program through two years of full-time study or three years of part-time study. The 60 credits required for graduation are broken down into 24 credits of Foundation classes, 18 credits of Advanced classes, 6 credits of Professional Training, and 12 credits of clinical practicum.
Classes are delivered primarily in an asynchronous format, which enables students to view lectures and review course material on their own time; however, the program’s two Professional Training seminars incorporate synchronous elements to allow for real-time student-instructor interaction.
Field practicum hours are divided into two 480-hour field practicums, one that students complete during their Foundation coursework, and one that they complete during their Advanced coursework. Students work with the School of Social Work’s Field Education Office to find field practicum assignments within their geographic region, and which align with CSWE standards.
Arizona State University’s School of Social Work is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) and the university is accredited by the North Central Association Higher Learning Commission.
Sponsored Online MSW Programs
Arizona State University Online MSW Programs: Overview
Department: Arizona State University’s (ASU) School of Social Work
Degree Type: Traditional Standing
Concentration: Advanced Generalist
Program Structure: Online with field instruction (no campus visits required)
Instruction Methods: Program uses asynchronous instruction so that students can access coursework when it is convenient for them – students proceed through the curriculum in sequence with their classmates
- Program Name: Master of Social Work Online Program
- Phone Number: (602) 496-0800
- Field Education Requirements: A total of 960 hours (two field placements: 480 hours each)
- Number of Credits Required: 60 credits needed to graduate
- Program Options: Full-time and part-time options
- Program Length: Full-time program can be completed in two years; Part-time program can be completed in three years
- Start Dates: Fall and spring admission
- GPA: Minimum GPA not listed
- GRE Information: GRE or MAT only required for students with a GPA lower than 3.2 in last 60 semester hours (or 90 quarter hours) of undergraduate coursework
Work Experience: Students must have at least 240 hours of volunteer or work experience in social services over a period of 6 months within the last 5 years
Arizona State University’s MSW program information was last updated on March 2020. For more information, visit the university’s website above.
If you have additional information about this program, email us at email@example.com